PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2018, 14:07
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David Billings
The Tag, again....

Well, I do hope that we eventually find the “actual” tag that Keith Nurse removed from the Engine Mount Tubing because it could be as described in a letter I have.
If someone will inform me how to post a .pdf file I will post this letter.

This “notarised” letter was received from Bill Prymak in 2010. Bill was a noted researcher based in Denver Co.. When I first began corresponding with Bill he did not believe that the term “C/N” [for Construction Number} was a term used in the U.S. at aircraft manufacturing companies. He made enquiries and found that it was. It was probably, in “my” thinking, a hangover from the British use of the term and “exported” with British migrants or workers at American companies….

Bill Prymak knew a David Kenyon who worked at Lockheed in the 30’s and this is what Kenyon told Bill Prymak:

In the letter Bill states:
“He (Kenyon) stated to me that all engine mounts were fabricated by a foundry in L.A., shipped to Lockheed and stored with crated engines outside the assembly building. Each mount had a metal tag attached by wire, showing CN and hp rating. Since various engines were used in the Lockheed Electra assembly line, each required a different engine mount configuration, thus proper tagging was essential…”

Letter dated April 24th 2010 and Notarised.

As I see it, this is just as valid a reason as to why there was a metal tag hanging by wired from the mount on the detached engine as my explanation of a “Repair Tag” that we discussed weeks ago. The only thing missing in the above paragraph is the “S3H1”

As I said if someone will explain how to post a .pdf, I’ll post the letter.
RE my post

This is my pdf file-plot showing max range versus distance from Howland when earhart turned back to ' crash' site
BASELINE ITERATION-A.pdf
which when you click it - and depending on brower settings will download to your desktop or file the pdf
It took a bit - but look in lower left hand of screen as to what YOU are allowed to do - one line shoud say you are allowed to post attachments.
I use a mac- so there may be subtle diffs in what your browser shows.

Go up to the bar which shows how to add emojis and quotes -- " --, and find via hovering- not clicking the attachment icon

Suggest you put your pdf file on your "desktop " before you start- after finding the attachment icon - clik on it- should bring up a ' find your attachment" - click on attach name ( your pdf file ) and it should result in a link which has your file name.

or you may find the following link works
Valid file extensions: doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png txt zip

icon says manage attachments
Drag and drop pictures from your computer, or
Browse Your Device
By submitting your content, you acknowledge that you agree to our Content Guidelines

then hit submit reply.