PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airway Routings
Thread: Airway Routings
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2003, 04:35
sooty3694

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks 2 Donkeys for your help. I did look up the site you suggested and it's clear that I DO need to get a PhD in order to understand any more than 1% of it.

If they (the authors of that document) really expect any corporate pilot to wade through RAD's of such complexity, and with so many subject to's (for example except on a Wednesday, or if there is a Y in the month, etc. etc.) and then transpose all that information onto a chart in order to figure out a routing, then they really are gonna continue to have to check and re-route a great majority of all of pilot divised plans.

I do appreciate your help, so please do not get me wrong, but why, if they have a computer that DOES figure out the route WE SHOULD be taking, do they not TELL US the best way to get from A to B on the day in question??

Surely it would save them having to check, possibly manually, all flight plans submitted, and would save us and them a great deal of time any money, and the need to produve documents that no pilot is EVER likely to study.

That was the point of my question, and if they can do it in the US, why not here in Europe?

Please, if I am really missing something SO obvious, will someone tell me!!