PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre 2012 UAS flying hours
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2018, 10:12
HaselFreda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks RTN11, so if that worked, then the minimum hours to get a LAPL(A) would be 21 hours (30 hours less 9 hours PIC credit). Then minimum hours to convert a LAPL(A) to PPL(A) is an additional 15 hours. Therefore, minimum flying requirement to get PPL(A) is 36 hours (note: two cross-country flights and two skills tests). Although, I'm still not confident that the 9 hours PIC credit would be given for pre 2012 hours?

To clarify my original post (I know para 1 says April 2016), I read Article 9 as the following:
  • para 1: FULL credit provided that the training and testing were completed by April 2016 - this IS NOT applicable to me as my testing was not completed in this time frame
  • para 2. Training prior to the Regulation shall be given (partial) credit for the purposes of issuing Part-FCL licences on the basis of a (subjective) credit report written by the CAA - this IS applicable to me as my training is prior to the Regulation
  • para 3. The credit report shall describe the credit awarded towards the requirements of Part-FCL licences, and which requirements applicants need to comply with in order to be issued with Part-FCL licences - describes the contents of the credit report
I also note, that Article 10, para 2 and 3 of the same Regulation may also be applicable to University Air Squadron flying??