PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2018, 07:41
junior.VH-LFA

Received 71 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre

Or maybe the ones you know of just didn’t meet the standards, attitudes or experience that is being sought. Why do you assume that your RAAF mates should automatically get accepted into selection, when the standard is so high that thousand hour turboprop captains are getting knocked back? Being ex-RAAF doesn’t automatically equal “great airline pilot”.

Maybe recruiting are focusing on applicants with current jet airline experience? It looks like recruits are spending very little time as an SO or even none at all, so they want candidates who can easily transition into an FO role. From what I’m hearing in this time of supposed HR driven “yes men” being favoured, the candidates who have been selected in the last two years are actually considered very competent and they aren’t the ones having issues with their FO training.
I don't think he is implying that a RAAF pilot is any better at all or automatically worthy of a gig with QF.

There have been rumors for some time of a plea deal between Government and Airlines with regards to pilot recruitment and retention. It's not unreasonable to link no one getting offers (many with thousands of hours on big jets) and a very steadily declining RAAF pilot group to link the two of them together. There's no need to be so defensive. I'm really not sure why pilots feel the need to fight each other.

If it is indeed true, I wouldn't be surprised.