PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2018, 07:26
QldPilotGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aghh this all really cracks me up. I have flown all around the world, of all nationalities and sexes. No set race or sex makes a good pilot, it purely comes down to the skill and outlook that makes a good pilot

Yet here in the land of equality skills take a back seat. We have experienced Captains getting turned down and although I know that there are plenty of more experienced people then myself out there (In my 30's and a few thousand hours on the B737-800) I also got a thank you but no thank you email from QF.

This in the face of them setting up a flight school due to them saying they have a lack of pilots, doing a roadshow around the country and although I hate to say it because I would like to believe we are all looked on at our skill and experience level, their being a number of very young female second officers being employed.

Unfortunately I have given up on the QF Dream and I believe that's actually a good thing, I would prefer to work for a company that values experience and skills and not ticking off a HR column for specific demographics.

And before the negative comments role in, some of the best pilots I have ever flown with are female, but equality should be about EVERYONE getting a fair go, not disregarding candidates on what sex they are.

All the best everyone, keep the blue side up.