PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 6th Jun 2018, 22:14
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Seagull201
Havick,

I read your previous posts and i'm aware you're flying there for a while now and appreciate your feedback.

I spoke to recruitment today by phone, to verify the educational requirement side of thing, and the lady said,
an applicant needs a Bachelor degree or nine years work experience.
(General E3 requirement by consulate)

Any Bachelor degree will meet the educational side of things to get the visa from the consulate, with the
airline's assistance.
A Bachelor degree and meeting the ATP hour minimum's, as listed by the company advertisements,
is all that's needed to apply

Apparently applicants are experiencing problems getting the E3, without the degree.

A Bachelor degree is a 3 year course (online or campus), there's an aviation Bachelor degree that's available in Australia.
The High school diploma or GED, is for local US applicants that hold an FAA ATPL.

I've read the previous posts where applicants, had no Bachelor degree and no 6 or 9 years flying industry experience,
but still got the E3.

The above is the feedback i received today.

ok so we are taking about different things here.

you are referring to E3 visa requirements, I am referring to regional minimum entry requirements. Two different things.

a lot of guys are here without a degree and without 9 years experience. Perhaps the consulate is clamping down now given the amount of guys coming over. I wouldn’t know, I’m here on a green card so haven’t kept tabs on the E3 side of things.

out of curiosity which company is giving you that feedback?