PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2018, 20:12
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
Hope Lgw and others wheel out their best legal people now and blow the Lhr third runway case out of the water in the courts. Great example of the establishment getting what they want. Feed the tax payer all kinds of rubbish, tell them how great an idea it is and let them pay for it. All this garbage about regional connectivity when there is not one person out there knows if any airline in interested in flying such routes. This is all about maintaining Lhr as a monopoly over long haul and higher fares with it, especially at the front end of the aircraft.
No offence, but this is possibly the worse comment I have ever seen on this forum. You are seriously sat there hoping that substandard airports (that only exist to serve the over flow or scraps that fall off LHR's table) gang up to keep the ball and chain around the nations hub? Newsflash, brexit has happened. We cannot open for business to the world and not enable them to actually land on our soil! Meanwhile, Dubai and China would probably tarmac over a cemetery just to keep growing. Time and time again, an airline will open a route at LGW, and the second a slot comes free at LHR, the route is moved in a heartbeat. Must be a reason why these airlines do this?

Th establishment? I am assuming you have insider knowledge on the shareholder structure at LHR? I certainly did not know I had a share in LHR, news to me! It was also pretty clear in the reports that the investment would come from the private sector. If there was not a more ringing endorsement of the viability of a third runway at LHR, it is the private sector putting its hand in its pocket in the midst of brexit.