PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2018, 16:26
mart901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by panpanpanpan
virginblue - last time I travelled through Harbour it was wall to wall purple Dash 8s. Even the arrivals board looked 90% FlyBe. But never mind, the award winning marketing department have it all in hand.

Its a pity Flybe never really expanded from Harbour, they have always offered the same old routes year in year out. At one stage when they got the Embraers I thought they were going to try further afield routes but it never happened. I remember going on ski trips on a 146 years ago but I don't even think they do those now? I think all the ski charters moved to Aldergrove after JD left Harbour and took the then marketing director with him. Obviously the airline and travel agency contacts went as well at that stage!

In fairness though, last time I used Aldergrove it was just a row of orange Airbus so I suppose they are in the same boat although again they have certainly grown their customer base over the last year or so. They appear to have a marketing department that can actually close deals! Coupled with a DUP sponsored, soon to be Tourist Board chief as MD..
EI do the ski charters