PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2018, 12:27
dmouse88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J93102
Hello all,

I’ve been looking at different long haul flights to the Caribbean and noticed that TUI have a weekly flight to Aruba and a weekly flight to St Lucia from London Gatwick. With them only having 1 weekly flight to each of the islands does this mean the flight crew operating the flights would get a 7 day layover at each of the destinations? I can imagine that being quite nice to get a full week layover or is that the norm these days for layovers.

Thanks.
Being Ex military and used to how slip crews were positioned, I will give you the possible scenario of Birmingham crews on their schedules. Day 1 BHX-CAN, crew reposition to PUJ to fly Tues flt PUJ-BHX, inbound reposition to MBJ to fly Wed flt MBJ-BHX, inbound reposition to SFB to fly Thu flt SFB-BHX, inbound reposition CAN for Fri flt CAN-BHX, inbound reposition to PUJ to fly Sat flt PUJ-BHX, inbound reposition MBJ for Sun flt MBJ-BHX, inbound reposition to CAN for Mon flt Can-BHX. This is my type of usage pattern ensuring all BHX crews arrive back at BHX without road transport between UK bases. This system would be used between say LGW-LIB mon, go to UVF for Tue flt, go to PUJ for Wed flt, stay for Thur flt, go to PVR for Fri flt, go to SFB for Sat flt and so on and so forth this system allows for One crew at home base resting, one operating out/rest and one operating in/rest. Not knowing what crewing TUI are operating this is for guidance only in how some airlines not operating daily flights might operate. I hope that this has been of help regarding your query.