PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2018, 12:07
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
To all the complete weirdo’s out there who don’t get the nod, I’ve been in long enough to say I am deeply concerned about the recruitment process as dictated by HR. What Qf are after (IMHO) are complete yes men. That is something I do NOT want in the LHS of any jet I’m paxing on. I don’t like the direction the company has been on for decades, I don’t like the way it is managed and I have grave misgivings about the ‘management’ of the recruitment process.

Qf is going nowhere (certainly international) anytime soon. And please understand there are many options other than living your life not sleeping at normal hours and waiting to answer someone else’s telephone calls.

I got the golden call, as did a number here, of course. But let me say that I believe that might not have been such a gift and that anyone who has the temerity to complete an IFR rating has the ability to be successful anywhere and in any field they choose. Flying is a wonderful activity. However, I’d guess most here reading this could find a career path that might see them owning their own jet and calling someone else to do the hard work when they just wanted to go somewhere but actually wanted to sleep that night.