PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2018, 11:07
Global Aviator

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts
I don’t understand why so much venom in your posts Mr47?

Why Attack a bloke who did some similar kind of flying and related what was experienced?

Ahhh let’s just download the satellite imagery from the 1930’s/40s to oh hang on.....

Are you a pilot? Have you never been in a position where you’ve made a bad decision based on well not really knowing. I can certainly admit early in my career pre GPS although with a few hours to having gotten myself into a erm state of temporarily unsure of my position and a little Lady Luck came out. No doubt there was the navigational training that really kicked in and played for me. The point I am trying to make is that yes even though very experienced, it was a flight into the huge unknown in a way. Stress can do wonders. Remember the ferry flight to NZ was it that was saved by an airliner, bet he set off knowing where he was going.

More devils advocate, why end up in the drink near Howland? Could actually be anywhere, could be with MH. It’s all guess work if you use your theory Mr47.

What David has done regardless of anything else has got solid proof of an additional wreck, etc. Yes I’m sure the Americans want to find it but who knows reasons behind anything. Read the post above about the new find in somewhere not so far away.

We need to find that aircraft in the jungle that was mapped by an army unit. Simple it ends everything, don’t find it then back to square one. I will do anything I can to be part of any future expedition, even as a mere bag carrier!