PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CX Pilot Managers
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2018, 14:58
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Freehills, your attitude is so last millenium. You forget, this is the "look at me" generation.

Have you not seen this poster at work? - "Diversity is asking me to the party, inclusion is asking me to dance." However, what's written in invisible ink after that phrase is this, "... and if you don't ask me to dance, there will be serious repercussions."

The equality argument is so last millenium. This is about building an empire. This is about you and me putting them on a pedestal and bending the knee to grandiose their diversity. They don't want you just calling Samantha Dave or Sam (a non- gender specific name). This is about you saying, "gosh Sam you are really special and you should get special treatment." We can't all just go to work, do our jobs and go home without acknowledging gender and sexuality. We might wear a uniform, but we can't just be uniform.

To make sure we pay due respect, this new world required specific managers to separately represent their interests, surveys to give those managers something to do, meetings/conferences where only issues specific to minorities can be discussed by those minorities and their managers, quotas so minorities are recruited differently, breakout areas so minorities can have space separate from others, "days devoted to each specific group", so we can all annually acknowledge the importance of every individual group, bunting to remind you they are important, posters to put their faces on so they stand apart from you, parades with floats to dance on so they stand apart from you, costumes so they stand apart from you, flash mobs so they stand apart from you, and so on.

Should anyone doubt what I say, just cut and paste this post and put it on yammer under your own (real) name. You would think being a "diverse company", the reaction would be "meh". I bet the reaction would be hostile and you would fired by the week's end.

What a shame we can't just focus on what a company should focus on..... Making a profit.... Remember those days?

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 3rd Jun 2018 at 15:08. Reason: Just realised I will probably get a wrist-slap for referring to "minorities"