PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 3rd Jun 2018, 12:55
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bugsplat
Hi everyone, so I posted about 4 months ago asking about roster changes, and a more sustainable roster. There was talk about a more set roster like 5/3 etc. I was wondering if this has materialised. I am looking as a DEC and just wondering what sort of comparison to Ryanair.
Nothing big happened yet. I expect it to take max 6 months more as the tender is out to get it changed. It will happen but it always takes longer then expected. What else is new eh... Initially it was rumored to be up and running in May, now I'm hearing October.

It will not be a set 5/4 or 5/3 roster but instead an American style system with bid lines. It is supposed to work and award seniority and has been tried and tested in several major 24/7 companies that even opeeate world wide. But at the end of the day it all depends on what restrictions they out in company wise and how many people ithas to work with. And we are always undercrewed.

We'll wait and see what happens. In the mean time all pilots without leave got a 4 day block off in May and a 3 day block off in June. With Ramadan ending in June I don't expect anything similar in July.