PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2018, 12:15
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Sunfish...

"What I am doing is paying David Billings the honour of doing the sort of due diligence a professional investor would do before committing real money to an investigation. Nothing personal."

Thank you Sunfish for that honour and to be honest I would do the same... To any person, "aviation minded" or "non-aviation" this could appear to be an outlandish tale put forward by a nobody from Queensland ! Too right that questions should be asked. You put 'em up and I'll answer them as best I can.

Four "Old Diggers" having fun, sounds better than one old silly devil doing it though....not that any if them did. One if them was awarded the MM for carrying out a wounded man while under fire at WIDE BAY, so I doubt that he would be a party to that. Indeed all of them were honest men, generally speaking....men from a bygone age.

There is no "Treasure Map" however... for me.... the satisfaction and combination of finding lost aircrew and solving the mystery is the be all and end all. If it so happens that a few sheckels fall my way to replace the 6,500 bucks it just cost to replace the tin on my roof and the other 1,100 to replace my near 30-year old gas water heater over the last three weeks...... then so be it, that's a bonus the ATO will be happy about because as sure as hell, I'll get taxed on it.

The map was "allegedly folded"..... "There yuh go agin'........wid' the 'allegedlies'....."..... Lets see now... I want to walk through the Jungle with a piece of paper 20 inches wide and 22 inches high and I hold it chest high and walk straight into a palm like plant with three inch yellow spines like a porcupine has which makes a mess of my piece of paper and my face and hands. I think it would have to be folded, don't you ? Maybe it was even delivered folded. Maybe it came off the U.S. Army printing press already folded, like a newpaper does. Even ONC's and Road Maps come folded...I will admit that ONC's are bigger then 20" x 22".

The website explains "how" the map became a traveler between Rabaul and Perth and how Don came to be in possession of it.... You will be in good company if you read it... there are others who can say they have read the website too.

I recall that I have already answered your question in that the map is in PERTH and I add that it used to be in ADELAIDE (I think). I do not know the Street and House number in PER.. My contact in PER is a relation of the present owner.

Regards.....