PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2018, 11:06
wombat watcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man

only because the dickheads didn’t know he was out the door a month or two later, however I’m sure that someone in some area of the company got a bonus for reaching their KPI for bodies that to go. And yes, before you ask I’m cynical after 30 plus years here.
dragon man,
you either don’t understand or appreciate that pilots being pilots are out there trying to milk the system for their own advantage. That being the case, they will do whatever they have to do to achieve this end. Look at the few that bid for B737 cmd slots when they were approching 65 as a B747 captain , never intending to take the vacancy up, in the days before they started the course went sick, took their sick leave at B747 rates until after it was exhausted, left the company or then started their course.
the managers may be after their kpis, but their incompetence is far exceeded by the cynical exploitation of the system by the pilots, and it is getting worse as gen Y, gen X ,millenials get their turn. Read the other threads on Prune if you don’t believe me.
the