PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 2nd Jun 2018, 01:42
sky1223g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CAA Class 1 Medical Restriction Review- Vision Acuity

Dear all,
Since January this year, CAA suspended one of the pilots in the UK from flying, due to HIV medical condition. This decision was appealed by the pilot and CAA restricted the Class one medical to Multi-crew operation only.

Long story short, I was unfit for Class one medical two years ago due to Amblyopia, my vision was 6/6 in the right and 6/18 at the time for the left eye. Over the last two years my weaker left eye acuity has improved to 6/9. Borderline for passing the Class one. I'm hoping to go for an appeal and possible an reassessment.

CAA declared there will be a medical restriction review since the HIV incident. Would anyone could shed some light on the progress of the review? Will it include visual acuity and lastly any advice on my situation? Whether I should contact my AME for opinions on the appeal or go for another eye test to be sure that I'm able to pass the Class one initial again ?

I hope I have made clear on the points that I'm making, if there's anything that it's unclear, please let me know and thanks for reading!