PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inadvertent IMC question
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 20:42
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chopjock;

After every fatal accident you are on here giving us the benefit of your wisdom. I’m
expecting Pitts Extra at any minute too. Do rotary aviation a favour and keep your theories to yourself. You don’t know enough to know how dangerous your ignorant spoutings can be.

30kt in a descent? Why go so slow as to lose the stability benefits of fin and stabiliser? Why descend onto the unknown? You claim you’ve never done it, were taught not to even get close to IMC, in which case your theories carry even less weight.

Recently a son of a friend was about to do to do something he’d learned from one of your old posts. Luckily he told me before he did it. It wasn’t life threatening, but it was illegal. Lots of PPL’s come on this forum for professional pilots, and are welcome, but sometimes they also use it to find out how to do things, and in this case it was wrong.

I’ve flown IMC in a 332 from the Brent ro Aberdeen with no auto-pilot or stab due to a malfunction. My P2 and I took it in turns, at the end we were knackered, but both felt safe at 2500’ because there was nothing to hit. descend, 30kt IMC? No thanks I’d rather die in bed.

SND

Crab/Paco. CAA Man finally back. I’ll email dates on Monday.

Last edited by Sir Niall Dementia; 5th Jun 2018 at 09:10. Reason: Punctuation. B#%€dy I Phones!