PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 20:16
flyboyike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
ike,

It's frustrating and exasperating. Many good people will get passed over because the subjectivity of the panel interview in particular is so high.

I also know someone who was told he missed it "by one point". Apparently, the day's interview accumulates a point total with a pass/fail grade (no idea what gets what points). Seems to me the panel interview is a stumbling point where, at some level, subjectivity reigns supreme.

But, tell your friend they apparently give more than two interviews. My wife flew a trip with a DL captain whose son had just been hired...after his THIRD interview. Not hearsay...fact. So perhaps all isn't lost. But it sure costs a guy a lot of seniority numbers by the time he gets three interviews; at least he's in the club and that's what ultimately counts.

And the guy they hired on the third attempt is exactly the same guy they turned down twice before...not one iota of difference...couldn't be.

I couldn't get a job sweeping out the hangar today.

Oh well...it's a puzzle.
Personally, I'd rather he gave up on DL's pointless beatdown and just came to us instead, but that's just me...