PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Florida Flying Schools
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 15:35
alland2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by this is my username
I trained with Tailwheels Etc - they were at Winter Haven at the time (about 6 years ago). Things were a bit chaotic at times but they were a very decent and honest bunch of people and certainly weren't out to fleece the customers. Arrived with about 1,500hrs TT but only 10hrs on aeroplanes and did an FAA PPL, IR, CPL then ME in 6 weeks. They've moved to Lakeland now and it looks like their leadership has changed so hard too know what they are like now.
Correct Tailwheels ETC is no more following an acrimonious split up with the former family who owned Tailwheels, new name, new owners, based out of Lakeland, International Aero Academy, lots of students passing through, mainly South American, mostly the same old airplanes on the flightline, hopefully better maintained these days.

Originally Posted by alwayzinit
Thanks for the inputs guys, all much appreciated.
No affifiation with, but in central Florida I can 100 % recommend Bartow Flying Services based at KBOW, great operation, well maintained fleet, City owned operation so no issues with running off with your money, great instructors and management give it a family feel, Class D towered airfield with great ATC.

www.bartowflyingservice.com