PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 06:58
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Thank you for your reply David. I am just doing what any good investigator would do. Unfortunately there are people in this world who want desperately to believe a theory and are so mentally invested in a project that truth suffers. I have the scars to prove it. I lost two years and my firm $200,000 supporting an inventor with a great product and a ready market - except for one tiny detail that we only discovered as we were closing a deal with a huge American Corporation. He had lied to us in the belief that success would 'cure' this little problem. I will take matters at face value - that the taped interviews exist and the people say what you say they say.

About the map. Sellotape was invented in the 1930's, so it is just possible that a 1945 map at an Australian unit in PNG may have had an edge folded and sealed. Why this would have been done is to make a map board - three or four maps mounted edge to edge on a big board, covered with transparent plastic(cant remember the name) so that positions, etc. can be marked up with chinagraphs and erased as operations proceed. Are there pin holes at the corners of the map? Failing that I can't understandwhy there would need to be a fold, let alone a sticky tape.