PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 05:21
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee Baker Street
LTNman, I cannot foresee the South of the airfield being used for terminal passenger usage. Private jets and maintenance yes. Hence why I believe you are wrong. In your own words the official plans have not been disclosed yet, well certainly not into the public domain. You appear to know more than anyone else and I still remember you putting me down when I said LTN will be and remain the UK’s 5th airport. You scoffed at me. Well looks like I was right all those years ago! Maybe I might be right with regards to the eastern side of the airfield being it’s future after all many of you in here state Hertfordshire will not allow their land to be used in the airports growth.
I heard what you said but was told at the time by a senior planning officer that aprons and council tips don’t mix as there would be movement but buildings would not be a problem. Constructor says the issue can be overcome so I have no idea whether I was deliberately mislead or he was ill informed but construction costs would properly be higher which would be another factor also land to the north is again restricted in size due to existing housing