PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 03:08
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
To be a devils advocate for a moment David, your entire case rests on:

1. A 1945 sitrep that refers to the discovery of an ammo dump. It contains a reference to a "patrol A1" and illegible letters A/? and the word "plates" . Is this an official notarized copy? Has it been subjected to official forensic examination? Where is the supposed patrol report allegedly attached?

2. Alleged interviews with three members of the patrol A1. Were there witnesses? transcripts? recordings? Anything other than your reports of such meetings?

3. The conveniently marked map, despite the fact that soldiers are taught never to mark a map for security. The map conveniently survived 45+ years and just happened to turn up for the one person who can make sense of the markings? how do we know this is not a forgery?

4. The alleged "plate" which you say carried certain letters but now cannot be found.

I ask this as someone who spent two years of my time and a great deal of my employers money investing in the work of an inventor who desperately wanted certain things to be done on his behalf and was prepared to be economical with the truth in support of achieving his dream. Nothing personal, but due diligence is required before anyone invests time and money.