PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Advice
Thread: ATPL Advice
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2018, 01:01
AlfieAllen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ATPL Advice

Hey, So I have just had an offer made to me but I wasn't sure to accept to decline it. I wanted some advice from others. Ill just let you know my situation briefly

So I finished ATPL ground school with 5 Fails, I already had my PPL. I went to LA to build some hours and then took my CPL. Safe to say I passed first time. I was going to head back to the UK soon and finish off my IR and then start the hunt for a job.

THE DECISION
In the space before I go home I am doing my FAA IR for some instrument experience ready for the EASA IR. The boss came up to me earlier and offered me a 'job' as an instructor. The school will pay for the Training as they are EASA certified so Ill have an EASA instructor rating and ill be able to build a lot more hours. He said for a min of 6 months. They will also cover my accommodation for the time I am flying for them. I can either do this or head back to the UK, complete my IR, MCC & JOC and then go job hunting. AS I'm not a US citizen they wouldn't be able to pay me, so the time i'm here I'd just have to buy personal things like food, clothes, etc... How much of a difference would a significant amount of hours make to finding a job. (I currently have 210)
I'm open to any suggestions that anyone has.