PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2018, 22:16
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Betablockeruk
Great to see some TATL expansion but wondered why MAN can't retain a Washington service? BMI and then UA been and gone yet DUB (2 daily) and EDI (daily) both keeping their seasonal services going. Does it require some sort of governmental use to fill the front?

I used UA to IAD for connection thru to DEN and it was one of the better US hub experiences.
I was a regular user of the UA to Dulles on a point to point basis - I have a lot of reasons to go there regularly. My experience was that although the flights were more or less full (incl Business First) when you de-planed at Dulles, the pax terminating at Dulles, like me, were significantly in the minority - I'm guessing most were in transit to the House of Mouse. So despite DC being one of THE great USA experiences, it doesn't seem as though there is enough business to justify the route.
Since the demise of the UA route I've been taking TCX to JFK with a JetBlue (great airline btw) codeshare to Dulles or to Reagan...it's alright actually- and good value. I'll probably try the new Baltimore service next year and train it to Union stn....we'll see