PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requesting info on former RAF servicemen (my Uncle)
Old 31st May 2018, 12:34
Fionn101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Requesting info on former RAF servicemen (my Uncle)

Hi All,

Can some of esteemed forum members guide me in the right direction please ?

I am looking to find out more information about my Uncle Archibald Campbell. (Archie to us kids)

I have his service number 2875731 and I know he served in the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Born in 1938 if that helps with enlistment.

My Uncle Archie always had a signed photo in a frame by his armchair, and as a young lad I asked him "who is that soldier?"

This was the day I learned about Bomber Harris, and my Uncles Huge Admiration for this man.

I was a little too young to remember all his stories but I do know that Archie managed to prang one of his flying machines which caused him to leave the RAF for the police force.

He then went on to successfully prang a police vehicle in a rather notable bank robbery during the 60's.

Any information , especially as to those who may have served with Archie , would be greatly appreciated.

A really kind and wonderful man who we all loved , and I'd like to know a little more about him to tell his sons (my cousins).

Archie passed on 17/07/2010 , sadly missed by all.

Thanks for your time,
Fionn