PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veterans To Be 'Formally Recognised With Official ID Cards'
Old 31st May 2018, 06:50
just another jocky

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lima Juliet

TTN

That is of course entirely your choice and that is the point of this scheme - it is not compulsory. However, there are many others that do not feel that way and are grateful for the fact that this will allow anyone who signed up to potentially put their life in danger and to bear arms (with many that actually have) will be valued by the State and parts of society for this sacrifice. I am not aware of NHS staff making the same sort of commitment that any Service Personnel make - to waive significant rights and volunteer to be in an area fighting for their country where their lives will be in danger. There is a distinct difference.

in a few years time if the country, it’s various commercial outlets and the various state-run services want to recognise that sacrifice of service then that is fine by me. One of the biggest drivers of people leaving the Services is that loss of feeling valued both in and out of of the mob. This goes a small way of rectifying that rift in my hummble opinion.

I will be gracious and grateful for anything I receive in return for my 30+ years of service.

LJ
Couldn't agree more.