PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2018, 06:47
Plane.Silly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@JFP

Thats a fair point, but from a recruitment persective it's not a bad idea. The turnover of cabin crew from summer to summer must be past 1,000 by now, although i would imagine a lot would be on callbacks for the following season.
Think of the recruitment cost attached to bringing in all these people every year. you have new uniforms to pay for, extra training as well (i've heard they take their customer service training very seriously, hence all the awards they keep winning)
On top of this, they also have to bring in loads of temps for Dec-Mar to cover the call centres. Instead of temps, who don't really know the business, why not use some of your own cabin crew, who know the destinations (to a degree) and can fulfil these roles when they're not needed in the air.

As a company who seem to value their staff a lot, it would probably look really good on their part, keeping costs down, and giving more people year round employment (except Nov, where we'd let them take the bulk of their leave )
And as i said, it would apply to SOME, not ALL, so those who do want the extra time off can still do that. I'm not a dictator....yet...

PS