PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2018, 18:37
Tankengine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tuner 2

where did I say no one can choose when they retire? I was simply noting that anyone who starts 737 training around age 65 with no intention of finishing it is marking life harder on their colleagues, because it than takes many months to train their replacement and in the meantime everyone else has to fly harder.
I can assure you no 747 Captain who is not approaching 65 will go to the 737.
I have been there, done that, not needing to go back and not approaching 65 (or 60 for that matter!)
Younger pilots with some time left to go will displace more junior pilots on the 380 if a RIN happens and they are named,
depending on how many do this it could affect about half the 380 guys, remembering that some are quite junior after the classic, 747 and 767 RINs.
If VR is offered some will retire early, if not offered they will go where their seniority allows, displacing other pilots (not ideal!) and causing a ****storm of training. They will then retire at a time of their choosing, which may be years, or months!
In any case the training department cannot keep up and you will be working harder, (currently some are on enforced time off due hitting 900hrs), better pray they offer VR.!