PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North London Flying group recommendations and opinions
Old 30th May 2018, 13:45
PelicanSquawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
Non equity is hire, just by a slightly different financial mechanism. It really has no different position to joining a club and renting their aircraft - and you should regard it in that light. You should treat it in the same way as you would joining a flying club. Is it well looked after? Is it value for money? Are there other aircraft available if it's in for the annual? Are the rules flexible enough to allow what you want to do?

If you want a share, with the flexibility and control (and risks, and low flying costs - usually) that go with that, you need to keep looking for a real syndicate.

North London to Cambridge, the first place I think I'd be looking is North Weald. Don't expect everything to be online - go there, look at noticeboards, chat to people.

G
Thanks Genghis, I think I'll do that, I'll drive down and take a look. And yes I meant a rental flying group... I was wondering if perhaps they have better availability for taking the aircraft away at weekends, because I guess there would be less politics, as there are so many members and many aircraft... it wouldn't be a big deal if I took an aircraft away for 2 days once a month...whereas in a shared group it might be?

Just trying to figure out what would be best for my circumstances.... I like the idea of shared ownership, as I would like to continue to fly something after I have done my hours building, without shelling out £130 ph.