PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow results
Thread: Bristow results
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2018, 08:04
Same again

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate that I am bucking the trend of the Bristow bashing, doom and gloom majority on this website who would no doubt be gleefully cheering if the company did fail spectacularly. This particular thread began with the usual dire observation and warnings of Bristow's financial position. I have no particular interest in the fortunes of Bristow apart from hoping that the jobs and livelihood of it's staff members are safe. All that I was highlighting was that Bristow, like any company affected by economic factors such as oil price, mismanagement and world events has it's highs and lows.

I had noticed that the share price had fallen dramatically from highs of $80 a few years ago (many apologies that I can't be arsed to find the exact dates and cents) to a low of $6 something recently (look up the exact date and price yourself if you are desperate to know) which to me presented a buying opportunity. I am not a financial adviser and apart from an interest in making money for my pension I wouldn't know a PIK if I tripped over one.

If you think Bristow is a basket case then don't buy the shares. I don't and did and made a tidy profit last week (Tuesday 22nd May at 16:04 to be exact for the anally retentive).