PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Intructor kidnapped student
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2018, 15:32
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marchino61
The latest reason given for this is that the instructor though Shi had poor English and so would not be able to complete his course.
I don't think that is any change in the reason given for removing Shi from training. Are you thinking of the other student Zhang Xun Yi perhaps?

A second IASCO Flight Training student has come forward to say he was confronted in his home by the program's manager and told he'd be sent home to China immediately over what he says was a small infraction of rules.

Zhang Xun Yi, 24, shared his experience after the case of Tianshu Shi, the 21-year-old man Redding Police say was the victim of an attempted kidnapping by two employees of the school, became public.

Yi said the school grounded him about three weeks ago. He said he believes it was because he allowed a friend he has made in Redding into his home to use the restroom. A call to IASCO was not returned Saturday.
McConkey and Hoser were mighty brave when they were yelling at Shi. Something tells me they will be a lot less bold before the Court. Both posted $100,000 bond and have been released from the Shasta County Jail.

California is an all-party permission required recording state but I'm sure it will be argued that since the loud dialog took place in the presence of multiple roommates, there was no expectation of privacy. Shi's recording will most likely be admissible in legal proceedings is my layman's guess.

What is on the profanity-laced recording

When McConkey and Hoser showed up at his home, Shi said he decided to record audio of the incident.

“You’re going home, with or without your luggage,” a male voice is heard saying.

A woman's voice is also clearly audible, speaking Mandarin to Shi.

Then, the woman raises her voice and switches to English, demanding that Shi do the same.

“If you cannot speak English, you are not going to be able to stay here,” the woman is heard saying.

Shi is heard faintly referencing the documents he says he hasn't received. The man replies that Shi is in his custody.

“Do you understand what in my custody means? Do you understand? It means I will forcibly remove you,” The male voice says. “If you want the police to come with guns, I got you on that. Alright? You ass is leaving right now. Let’s (profanity) go.”

The man's voice is heard saying he has Shi’s passport.

“Boy, don’t (profanity) with me, do you understand?” the male voice says.

Shi asks if the man is threatening him.

“Your ass is getting on the plane right now or I’ll break your (profanity) arm. You better believe I’m (profanity) threatening you. And the United States government needs you out of this country right now, you understand?” the male voice says.

“You are here illegal, you know that. If you don’t go with us, you go to jail,” the female voice says.

“You’re going to jail if you don’t go with me,” the male voice adds.

Shi has been in the United States approximately seven months. He arrived on an M-1 visa, which is allotted to students who enroll in vocational programs. He said his visa is valid for one year, and his university paid approximately $70,000 for him to train at IASCO. But for the past two months, he’s been “grounded,” unable to fly or train.

He said he’s never had an issue with his flight skills, but suspects he was removed from training because of his English.

“I can’t speak English well in life, but I can speak English well with air traffic control,” he said.

During the confrontation with McConkey, Shi said the manager gripped his right arm and bent his left side over the kitchen island. Saturday morning, he said he was still experiencing pain in his right arm.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/20...aff/647842002/