PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2018, 21:45
doublesix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only T3

Originally Posted by Rutan16
Did you have any intentions of using a T3 carrier in the near future anyway ?

Seems your moan is more about generally poor infrastructure, and even more so, ongoing works to rectify many of those weaknesses that have already been identified.

By the way blame goes straight to the Transport Minister -The Rt Hon Chris Grayling representative for those well known northern boroughs of Epsom and Ewell for the mess of Northern TPE and electrification or more correctly fractured modernisation and timetable misery being inflicted across the north at the moment.

In reality other than Sun and Sangria /Ouzo flights from Leeds, Finingley and staying with MAG East Midlands as well, think what are your better options ?

Lets see two and half hours on the train and an hour on the tube or a little shorter and then fleeced on the most expensive railway on the planet - that will get you to Hearthrow won’t it !

Or anything from 4 hours drive south and parking that will probably cost you more than your holiday !

You could try National Express but that will leave you in the lovely Birmingham Mill Lane Coach Station for a least half an hour of luxury !

Or oh I know a connecting flight well yes KLM will do that for you over Amsterdam okay for that business trip I suppose.

BA however a little less convenient these days via Heathrow what with one mid morning and one evening flight lots of customer choice there!

And well Dublin might beckon however unless you make a risky self connect you could be spending some hours looking across runway 16/34 !

Suppose you could try Birmingham however flights do tend to be rather more expensive and I suggest you google and read over the terminal experience online as they have their problems too !

Then there is Gatwick it’s a real pi**er to get to and from the Northwest and Yorkshire and especially since BA cut flights and Arriva Cross Country decided Bournemouth would pull more punters than Gatwick and Brighton combined !

Luton is a building site and Mecca for East Europe no disrespect meant and 40 minutes to get up New Airport Way in the morning is far from unheard of !

Oh and before I forget wind speeds over a little over a breeze might find your Leeds flight in Manchester in any case.

Just left out Newcastle I think they have an airport of sorts ( jest !)

I take it you either work For MAG or only visit occasionally! As someone who works there driving daily the place is a joke and don’t try to think otherwise.
​​​​​​.