PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scary landings and free iguanas
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2018, 00:40
Ebbie 2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scary landings and free iguanas

Getying my airplane annual'd a hole in the wing fixed meant it ended up in St Barths.

The repair is excellent no sign of any damage repair - well other than the hole in my bank balance

So St Barths, to fly in and out of here one needs special training, thought why not - looks scary on the you tube videos, seems the video removes scary, yup even scarier in real life. Just got back from my first hour of circuits, did one doing all the flying - the techique is very interesting - no looking at the airspeed, did one with the airspeed covered up.

The iguanas - no100LL no St Barths, so over to St Martin - got to report "iguanas on the ramp" huge things, some four/five feet long, they came on to drink from persisting puddles from an earlier rain shower - they sent out the fire service to chase off the iguanas with brooms. The iguanas may be big sluggish looking things, they sure can run at the sight of a man with a broom, up on tiptoes or their hind legs and one heck 8f a speed over 50m or so.

My birthday today so memorable events.

Back for more scary circuits in the morning; very thpughtful of God to sprinkle small islands and rocks around to give perfect spots to make turms and such.

A recommended destination for pilots who like to be scared and also iguana fans; on yes and those into ogling topless supermodel types (shouldn't be allowed, ooh missus, I didn't know where to look - shocking!)