PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adding a 'Couple-a-Knots'
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 17:07
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airmann

All your really doing by adding two knots is to increase your margin vs stall speed. But will 2 knots save your life? Are pilots getting a bit too paranoid here?
I hear you. Many times it happened that my Fo will call '' Speed'' when I fly raw data and the speed dropped by like 2/3kts getting slightly close to VLS and they will call me '' Speed!'.. Lol. It drives me crazy, the call out is 5kts below VAPP not 2 or 3kts! I think people forgot what's the meaning of VLS... The way some guys panic, they must think VLS = Stall speed. xD.

Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Pin, say again what is the speed for bottom point of the drag curve for a 60 t landing weight?

I have no idea! Green dot speed I beleive? What I know is that getting below VLS is looking for trouble.

Edit times 10: I see, what I said is not really correct in my previous post but you understand what I mean: Slower, more drag then more thrust required to maintain VAPP... Or should I go back to the book? xD

I was referring to this graph page 5. From what I understand, a speed below VAPP and you are on the backside of the power curve.

https://www.slideshare.net/syedviqua...3-presentation

Last edited by pineteam; 26th May 2018 at 17:29. Reason: Link added and typo. Sorry it's 1h30am xD.