PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 10:51
Crispo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbrake
Auto frequency changes. Have you ever wondered why so many clearance calls go out on the wrong freq? It’s a genuine question. Part of the problem is that pre 0600L ground is closed so everything is done on Twr. Then ground opens and twr tells everybody to go to ground for ATC clearances and push, start. Then at some point delivery opens and ground tells everybody to go there. Is it a surprise that at some point somebody hasn’t kept up with the rearranging of the deck chairs? How about opening delivery at 0530L? I know that will never happen because of staffing levels and costs. That is a Luton problem
Airbrake
I have wondered this many many times. When I fly I check the ATIS to ensure I've got the latest information just before making initial contact. It is always possible for the ATIS to have changed just after having listened to it but this would be a pretty infrequent circumstance and I wouldn't have thought it would explain the amount of incorrect calls you refer to.
Maybe a change of custom and practice / SOPs to get aircrew to get the latest info before initial contract could be a more practical solution than manning frequencies for longer periods (when there may not necessarily be the traffic demand to do so)?