PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sweden/Malmo
Thread: Sweden/Malmo
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 09:55
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
​​​​​​@JanOlieslagers - sorry about the spelling, my chart spells it this way, as does their own website's domain name, it has an E in it, and not the Ü. I am sure you are correct about its correct native spelling, perhaps they are aware that foreign people don't know how to spell it?

I wish I could pay £5 per landing! That'd be the dream, but to give you a frame of reference, based on a Turbo Arrow III with MTOW of 2900lbs and noise certificate at 71db - I paid €30 to land at Le Touquet, €15 to land at Calais. I also paid around £36 per landing at Biggin (I hear they also introduced border force charge for GA at £7 per pax, but I haven't been affected yet...). So paying €50 at Lelystad / Rotterdam might not be completely out of "normal" fees.

Jhieminga makes a good point regarding the length of the runway and the surface too. I personally have no issues landing on a short grass field in the plane that I fly, there are some tall trees around Hilversum which may make it a no-go at MTOW on a hot and calm day, but depends on the particular plane that you fly, performance charts, how heavy you are, and how comfortable you are with "shorter (than Biggin)" grass runways. Texel is very nice, although I have never been to Midden-Zeeland I have heard nothing but good about it!