PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 07:28
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For those who are interested in the History of World War II I have found the Battlefield series on youtube. It starts with France and ends with the surrender by the Japanese. It covers everything including Guadacanal and the Russian invasion of Manchuria.

The first series is
and then it progresses to the Battle of Britain etc..

They last nearly two hours each. A tip is when you start on is to attached it to your favourites list on Internet Explorer. This enables you to stop it mid way by closing your browser if you are required to do something else and on return selecting it as a favourite will restart it where you left off. This means you don't have to scroll though half of it. When it reaches the end of an episode it will roll on to the next.

It can be a bit lecturistic but it covers the nitty gritty that entertainment programs find too difficult.

I found it fascinating with an incredible amount of footage that I had not seen before.

PPRuNe has planted the video on my post. The best way to see it is to go to youtube direct so you can add it to your favourites.

Copy and paste 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKYbLUkIpk'

Last edited by Fareastdriver; 26th May 2018 at 09:48.