PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sweden/Malmo
Thread: Sweden/Malmo
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2018, 14:57
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan Olieslagers

* I would not recommend Dutch fields, they are even more expensive. That is not their own fault, they are subject to many legal obligations. If you must, consider EHMZ Midden-Zeeland or EHTX Texel but I'm not sure the last one has customs.
Hilversum is around 20 euros in landing fees, you can clear customs there, but you're really not breaking the bank. I think it actually is quite a bit cheaper than Le Touquet! Calais is nice, generally a bit more empty, and much much cheaper than Le Touquet, but not far off Hilversum prices.

The fact that Le Touquet / Calais is only 40-45ish minutes from Biggin at 140kts (average day), means that it if the aim is to go to Sweden in 1 or 2 days, its a bit of a counter-intuitive place to have to stop, hence why I recommended Hilversum. I know that Lelystad and Rotterdam are a bit more expensive, but only marginally more than a single landing at Biggin.

Could do, Biggin - Hilversum (1h45 +taxi) - Leubeck (1h45h +taxi) - Malmo (1h +taxi) ish... For instance - but it really depends what your aim is - if its the trip there and back, sleeping under a wing, there are MANY detours that you could do!!

Let us know what you've planned - and keep us posted! :-)