PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2018, 11:07
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
172 and toffy

Thanks for the info.
We all know what this is all about, namely pimping the bride for Lufthansa.
If IAG and the Little Irishman gets hold of Norwegian, SAS has a potential problem , depending how Norwegian is quartered and hung!
I would not want to even start speculating how BA and IAG will use NOR in the Scandinavian market, but SAS will not be stronger!
So it is all about the Sweedish " Blåruss" in Your management trying to get the unit cost down!
Fair enough , but it is dammed hard to run an airline without pilot as RYR Lufttransport and the American Commuters recently has found out.
I just watched the pathetic video of the WestJet CEO crying for mercy to avoid a strike.( On the Canada thread). And he had a point that us FlyBoys tend to forget, namely that the whole company get payed better whenever we get better pay! The Engineers deserves good pay, but the rest NOT.
Pilots tend to think the cabin crew also should get a great pay. I think they should be payed according to education and experience!

Regardless
I have crew that are reluctant to even apply never mind start in SAIL on a Spanish base, and most of you have guessed who I am taking orders from.
SAIL will FAIL!
Lets hope some dumb heads in Stockholm will role and You get a Dane or a Norwegian for Boss!
Lastely.
How long is Your OCC course , 6 weeks until linetraining starts or 4 maybe. Time to hire NOW if the summer is going to be saved!
Hang in there Boys, and support the LOCO pilots fight , we are her to stay! And we fly with the Cadets so You dont have to, . Single pilot OPS at times!
Ha ein god dag.
Cpt B

Last edited by BluSdUp; 1st Jun 2018 at 21:41. Reason: Spelling