PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2018, 10:52
777-200LR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drop24,

With all my respect to your question, I’m only half way through my aviation career and am witnessing big changes across the aviation world. The pilot shortage is evident in all corners and is showing the true colors of the way the airlines are dealing with it. Some choose to lower the minimum requirements, avoiding big pay rises but flooding their pilot base with less and less experience. In the US, some of the regionals are taking on DECs and even offering work permits, this was not even heard of 10 years ago. Chinese carriers continue to up the pay to lure in experience pilots.

The truth is, nothing can be predicted. Human nature is to quickly forget (only 15-20 years ago, the US airlines were in free fall, many of them going into chapter 11 protection), no one in Europe was recruiting and Emirates & Cathay was a highly sought after job!

My advice to you is do you research before you commit to anywhere, expect that your needs will indeed change (single, married, family, kids, divorce, etc) and almost no one stays 30 years in the same airline!