PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sweden/Malmo
Thread: Sweden/Malmo
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2018, 01:34
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marioair
Thinking of doing Biggin Hill to Sweden (via short channel crossing (old and bold here I come)) VFR this summer.

Any experience/advise on
Did Biggin Hill to Skå Edeby a couple of years ago in a Piper Arrow. Not a hard trip if weather is on your side! We only stopped at Sonderborg on the way up, and Copenhagen Roskilde on the way back as we had a schedule to try and keep. Similarly to you, I chose to fly the narrow crossing, so over into Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark and Sweden which in my mind made the trip much more interesting with much more to sightsee along the way!

If you're looking at around 2ish hours, I can recommend Hilversum (near Amsterdam) - wonderful airfield, really nice people too. I think it was around 2h last time I went there and you can also clear customs. Then Northern Germany has a load of airfields dotted everywhere, I have been told that it would be difficult to go wrong there, although I have no experience landing there. Denmark was very welcoming despite being large airports, not at all like Biggin!

I hope you have an amazing trip!
Alex90