PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific: Penny wise, Pound/Dollar foolish
Old 25th May 2018, 00:34
schweizer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by backtothegrindstone

Completely understand what you saying,
but if captains are taking up Training positions during a Training Ban...... who’s fault is it ?
I am a SO, medium experience ( turboprop) and have been in Contract Compliance and Traning Ban since I joined.
TB has hurt the company but has also hurt people waiting for upgrades. The unfortunate thing is that SO’s that will sit now until 5 years to see a upgrade are paying for it big time. We earn the less and no upgrades in sight?

FO’s waiting for command are all on housing and don’t care about money.

Captains extending FDP while diverted to VMMC where they should of walked off the AC due to fatigue are not helping the cause

hence I say there own fault! They had the most to loose, and loose they will.
Its sad but true. Leadership comes from above. And these “captains “ are not showing it.

Still how many trainers ???

You do see the irony of blaming the captains right?
As long as someone is willing to sign a worse contract *wink wink*, there is no stopping a company from offering rubbish terms and conditions!

At the end of the day, a captain in the company cannot stop you from signing your name on the contract offered to YOU by the company.