PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2018, 12:27
Scrotchidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have any comment on how taxiway foxtrot will work
Foxtrot will certainly help create additional flexibility which will enable us to flow the traffic better and allow A5 not to become blocked. It will also allow us to manipulate the traffic order where possible to allow the most optimal departure order to ensure the runway is being used as efficiently as possible. That will also come with the Alpha extension which is either going to be done at the same time a F or afterwards. IMO A extension should come first if possible. The airport also wish to use F as the re-mote de-icing area during winter months (additional rigs will be available this coming winter...)

It'll also be used for remote holding for CTOT's to allow airlines to say they pushed back on time...

Have you ever wondered why so many clearance calls go out on the wrong freq?
After being opened for around 30 mins, no, that will happen. After being opened for an hour and/or being called by an aircraft that landed with delivery open but they still call GMC. Or when you get called at 1600 and told there's no answer on delivery.....

You do make a fair point regarding the order in which the frequencies are opened however it's been like that for a few years now (unless delivery isn't opened). It's worth looking at though.

Auto frequency changes on departure and when exiting the runway on landing work extremely well at numerous far more complex airports than Luton. Try asking a base Captain for a jump seat on a double AMS and see for yourself how it works.
I'll take up that offer any day...

I'd be interested in auto frequency changes however I don't think it's something we'd locally push back on, it would be the LTMA for various reasons.

I’ve been based at Luton a very long time, I’m not holding my breath for any changes.
Come over for a cuppa.