PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2018, 10:38
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facts anyone?

Hi
As previously stated I was shocked when SAS chose to do this SAIL thing. Mainly for moral reasons, but also for practical and economical reasons!!
It make no sense!
But first a few questions!
Is SAS mainline recruiting in Scandinavia? I know for a fact that 10 pilots has quit to go to Norwegian to get a base they can live with. This has NEVER happened in the Braathen days or recently AFTER SAS offered the ca 400 layoffs to come back as per the Contract.
What is the demand for pilots in SAS , say the next 5 years, considering the enormous ( relative ) retirement in progress.?
It would be nice if any insiders would enlighten us on this, as I have encouraged may FOs to go to SAS as opposed to NOR.

Now for my Rant:
Does anyone with a sound mind and half a degree in trade think it is a good idea to set up shop on Liberia Island , NOW in this environment!
That is , lack of pilots AND RYR being Unionized , and the EU local Tax enforcers FINALLY reading the Job Description they signed!!!
I claim it is the Sweds , our good old fiend, eeerr Friend! The day of a proud nation and Janne Carlson is long gone.
Now it is more like Pippi:" I have never done this before, lets give it a shot, I bet I am good at it"
She often was, but then again she had a chest of Gould in the basement !
End Rant.
Regards
Cpt B