PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 22:06
romeocharlie

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cessnapete
BA, in last 2/3 years targeted recruiting due an acute shortage on LH types.(HR cockup!) BA pay is more directed to Seniority not just size of aircraft.
For a LH Widebody DEP. 2000 hrs ATPL. at least a 1000 hours recent on Jets over 25Tonne or Turbo prop over 50T. i.e. suitable for zero hour hour Base Training on Level D sims.
Cadet Pilots from accredited Training Schools taken with less experience, 250 hours+ total for SH types min Frozen ATPL. MEP/IR.
The way your previous posts read, we should all just apply for BA. Small problem being the requirements. EASA licence and the right to live and work in the UK excludes (and I say this generally) everyone on this particular thread. It's akin to posing on the BA forum and saying everyone should work for Qantas, but they require an Australian ATPL and right to live and work in Aus. Personally, would've loved the opportunity to fly for BA, and would've considered acquiring an EASA licence if I met the second requirement, but I don't.

They're both legacy carriers, part of a dying breed, hence why people want to work for both. Having said that, you still need to get in!