PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 3 crew long haul destinations this Summer
Old 23rd May 2018, 18:25
desert witch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not crewing planes

EK is trying 'im-not-shure-what' to try and crew the airplanes, but is definitely not trying to match the market. And it has not worked.
And the new 3 man crew rules, duty free rules, decrasing purchasing power, and all the other late stuff is not going to help recruitment nor retention.
And then there is all the legacy stuff we are already famous for: Pressure, training, punitive culture...

We are damn short.
I don't think anybody sees a way out of maxing Crews and calling Crews on days off, for the foreseeable future.

I am overall OK here, but starting to look for a good option out, WHEN TWO WEEKS AGO I WAS NOT EVEN PAYING ATTENTION TO THE MARKET.
I am not in the 'had enough' list, but this is not a long term option for many of us anymore. Not least because we DON'T KNOW WHAT THE NEXT LUDICROUS POLICY WILL BE.

3 Crew ULR may have just TRIGGERED THE ALARM IN MANY OF US WHO WHERE QUITE SETTLED HERE. In my opinion, this policy may easily backfire badly.

Safe flights.
And don't forget to bid 😅