PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:27
Airbrake

Received 72 Likes on 23 Posts
Scrotchidson.

We all know Stats can be used to prove anything. However, LTN & LGW compete very strongly with each other for who has the worst delays.

LTN, needs to “refresh” its procedures. If you want a base managers perspective continue talking to them. They will give you the full company PR bull, and tell you what a great company they work for. If you want some home truths and suggestions go 8nto the crew room for the morning or afternoon reports.

Auto frequency changes. Have you ever wondered why so many clearance calls go out on the wrong freq? It’s a genuine question. Part of the problem is that pre 0600L ground is closed so everything is done on Twr. Then ground opens and twr tells everybody to go to ground for ATC clearances and push, start. Then at some point delivery opens and ground tells everybody to go there. Is it a surprise that at some point somebody hasn’t kept up with the rearranging of the deck chairs? How about opening delivery at 0530L? I know that will never happen because of staffing levels and costs. That is a Luton problem.
Auto frequency changes on departure and when exiting the runway on landing work extremely well at numerous far more complex airports than Luton. Try asking a base Captain for a jump seat on a double AMS and see for yourself how it works.

I’ve been based at Luton a very long time, I’m not holding my breath for any changes.

PS. Today I walked by the white “awning” at the new terminal exit. By Christmas it will be a dirty grey and covered in grime. Who thought that was a good idea?

Last edited by Airbrake; 23rd May 2018 at 19:14. Reason: Spelling