PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is compensation possible?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:26
radeng

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
I was supposed to fly F class from Dayton to Philadelphia on Monday May 21. American had already removed F class on that flight, but I presume that I can get a refund. After Philadelphia, if was F on AA 6216, code share operated by BA068: I don't know why but BA cancelled the flight. AA re-booked me in J - Business Class - on AA736 from Philadelphia to LHR. Presumably I can get a refund of fare differential.

The flight to PHL never got as far as Dayton because of weather....So I was rebooked to Chicago and onwards on AA Business Class to LHR. That was given up when the flight that would have returned to Chicago didn't leave ORD until after the connecting LHR flight would have gone. So they rebooked to BA296, but couldn't get F class - once having changed the service class down, the AA system wouldn't change back up, possibly because AA don't have F class on North Atlantic flights - or so they told me.. Not that it made any difference because BA296 left 30 minutes before AA3017 eventually arrived at ORD. So they paid for a room at the Hilton, but not a meal, and I got a Business Class seat on AA090 at 0900 CDT (1500 BST) on Tuesday May 22, arriving home at 0120 Wednesday May 23.....Lucky to do that because although I had a boarding card for AA090 issued at Dayton, there was supposed to be someone else in that seat, but fortunately he was a 'no show'.

Part of this saga is due to weather, but am I owed anything for the involuntary downgrading?The AA people couldn't even get access to book on BA296 for Tuesday night for some reason, when BA MIGHT have got me into F class if there was room....Note the flights were booked with AA, although transatlantic operated under code share by BA.

Advice, please, knowledgeable Ppruners?