PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 14:05
stewyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrequentlyFlying
Is this supposed to be for serious comment? Did I really just read Easy would cannibalise what they have at LGW and risk the split as ‘it’s all going to them anyway’ serious? Operational costs? Logistical costs? Revenue drops? Someone else picks up any vacation after the point is reached one or the otheris dropped? Vs leaving the operation 60 min down the road in major airport that handles traffic all weathers and all volumes happily generating decent returns for a short runway and a considerable issue with infrastructure.. and ‘base 6 planes there’? Where? Do they land 3 hours apart so the infrastructure doesn’t get overrun? What level of investment is that gonna take? Perhaps they can bury the motorway in a tunnel if money isn’t an issue..
Really? City breaks, smaller c series jets is best option of expansion, not a large LCC destroying its own 60 mins away market surely?
Not for one second do i believe EZY will base aircraft from SOU in the foreseeable future. However, they could quite conceivably operate a small number of routes from their EZY bases throughout Europe with rumours abound that PMI will commence next summer. I don't see how this will dilute the LGW operation when PMI and other med routes have operated successfully from SOU for years and EZY will most likely be taking on the mantle from the incumbent airline and the repeat business that this enjoys!

Last edited by stewyb; 23rd May 2018 at 14:16.