PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Justify Untagged/Whitetail Integrated Training These Days?
Old 23rd May 2018, 12:32
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's the smaller regional airlines too, Loganair would be attractive for some, as would bmi Regional (though I hear they have had some connection with Oxford), Eastern and Stobart (who now have jets). When you consider the reduced living expenses of their regional bases (as opposed to anything in London) and the fact that you're effectively paying 50% tax on anything extra you earn elsewhere, I reckon there's some decent offerings there. Not everyone wants 40-ish years in an Airbus/Boeing.

Cityjet have opened their €107k scheme, which brings up the question as to whether a mentored programme for a rare type (presume RJ85/SSJ) is worth it. Naturally there will be a few (rich) takers though when you compare the interest in the Aer Lingus thread against the recent TCX thread (half of which was criticism of the "scholarship" they were offering), you'd have thought the airlines would have cottoned on by now. If you want a good field of applicants, make it available to everyone.

Whitetail-wise, I hear FTE Jerez are placing people well at the moment, though the risk in my opinion is far too great. After all, the industry can turn in an instant.